Christmas crafting with Boråstapeter
For the third Sunday in Advent, Malin makes some wallpaper Christmas stars. Beautiful for hanging on the tree or in a window – or why not send one as a Christmas greeting to someone you like?
You will need: Wallpaper, ruler, tape, glue/glue gun, string, tweezers and a ring
- Cut out strips measuring 20 cm long by 1 cm wide. If you want bigger stars, make the strips slightly longer. Cut lengthways with the roll of the wallpaper to give the strips a nice curve.
- Take a strip and place one end in the tweezers. Hold it tightly in place while you roll the rest of the strip around the tweezers.
- Place the rolled-up strip inside a keyring, wedding ring or similar. This will ensure that all the shapes are uniform in size. Let the strip unroll inside the ring, then take a piece of tape (or glue) and secure its ends so that it retains its shape once removed from the ring.
- Squeeze the paper ring at one or both ends, or leave it round.
- Create your star by arranging several of your paper rings together. It’s also nice to make a smaller, tighter ring and use it as the centre.
- You can put the stars together in different ways – do whatever you like. You can make big or small stars. Once you’ve put together a star that you’re happy with, stick it together with glue or a glue gun, if you have one.
- Attach a string to one of the outer rings and hang it on the tree or in a window, or pop it in an envelope and send it to a family member or friend you miss.
PS: To make bigger rings, cut slightly longer strips and use a bigger ring – this will also give you bigger stars.
Here are the wallpapers that Malin uses in her Christmas crafts. It’s easy to order wallpaper samples and get crafting yourself!
Wishing you a lovely third Sunday in Advent!
Get inspired by our lovely wallpaper crafts. In time for Advent Sunday, Malin Mörner reveals how to create a beautiful advent ‘calendar’ of decorative parcels.
Craft with us! For the second Sunday in Advent, Malin creates beautiful wallpaper angels that you can use to decorate the tree.