Christmas crafting with Boråstapeter
Boråstapeter have partnered with Malin Mörner (@poppyloveyou) to create a series of wonderful Christmas decorations that you can make using wallpaper. For the second Sunday of Advent, Malin has created some beautiful paper baubles that you can easily make using your favourite wallpaper. Lovely decorations to hang on the Christmas tree or potted spruce branches at home.
To make this decoration you will need: Wallpaper, wire, hole punch, wire cutters, round-nose pliers, wooden beads, jute twine and scissors.
- Draw and cut out six strips of wallpaper measuring 22cm by 1.5cm. Cut the strips in the same direction as the wallpaper is rolled, to give them a nice curve.
- Measure the middle point of each strip (11cm) and, using a hole punch or needle, make a hole in the middle of each. Then make a hole at each end of the strip, roughly 1cm from each edge.
- Cut a piece of wire measuring about 12cm. Use the round-nose pliers (or whatever pliers you have) to create an end loop on the wire. Thread one wooden bead onto the wire, followed by all six strips of wallpaper at the middle hole.
- Starting with the bottom strip (the one closest to the wooden bead) and working your way up, thread the end holes of each strip onto the top end of the wire. Thread the strips clockwise one by one, to give the bauble a nice shape.
- Once you are happy with the shape of your paper bauble, thread on one last wooden bead to finish. Using the round-nose pliers, create a loop at the top end of the wire large enough to pass the twine through, then knot the twine in place.
Here are the wallpapers that Malin uses in her Christmas crafts. It is easy to order wallpaper samples and get crafting yourself!