Garden party with Ingrid Marie
Join us for a party in our late summer garden, where we reveal the inspiration behind our Ingrid Marie wallpaper. This wallpaper lets you follow the apple tree’s journey from aromatic spring blooms to sun-ripened apples and golden autumn leaves.
The Ingrid Marie wallpaper depicts the apple tree through the seasons, from the budding blooms of spring to the sun-ripened apples and glowing leaves of autumn. A beautiful motif originally hand painted by Jenny Hahne Gadd, it has been printed using a traditional collography technique that truly brings the pattern to life. Available in two colourways.
Our best recipe
Boråstapeter’s apple galette
For this recipe you will need:
- 200 g butter (room temperature)
- 200 ml icing sugar
- 500 ml flour
- 1 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 100 g almond paste
- 50 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 3-4 tart apples
- 1 whisked egg
- A touch of ground cinnamon
What to do:
Shortcrust pastry: Rub the butter into the icing sugar, flour and baking powder until they are almost fully combined. Add the egg and knead to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for around 2 hours.
Almond cream: Beat the almond paste with an electric beater until it is soft, adding the butter little by little. Then add the egg and beat it into a smooth cream. Mix in the vanilla sugar.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a piece of parchment paper to form a circle around 30 cm in diameter. Place on a baking tray. Spread the almond cream over the base, up to around 5 cm from the edge.
- Topping: Cut the apples into thin slices – a mandolin can be very useful here – and place them in a nice, overlapping pattern on top of the almond cream.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over the apple slices.
- Fold over the edge of the pastry and brush with the egg, and bake in the middle of the oven for around 30 minutes.
Serve with vanilla cream or ice cream and enjoy!